Deadline Extended: December 1st, 2016.
New peer-reviewed international journal: Kaleidoscope: The Journal of Alternative Media and Social Movements
Topics of interest:
- Economic structure, sustainability and relational networks of social movements/media
- Alternative media and pre-figurative politics
- Power relations and organizational structure within media institutions and/or social movements
- Degree of independence and relations with/to power
- Autonomous decision making process and practices
- Text/content production and action/programme organization based on participation, sharing and solidarity
- Alternative ethics
- Struggle against legal and illegal (economic, political, legal and cultural) pressures and violence of global and local hegemonies.
- The relational history of social movements and alternative media.
Focus of the first issue: The theoretical and methodological challenges concerning the convergence of two academic disciplines: alternative media and social movements.
All researchers interested in this relatively new research field are welcome to submit their original works (Articles, Book reviews, Commentaries, Interviews and Field notes) to Kaleidoscope.
and the Managing Editor Özlem Erkmen at firstname.lastname@example.org for administrative affairs.